PORT WING TOWN BOARD MEETING MINUTES
October 3, 2022
Click to download PW Town Meeting Minutes 10-3-2022
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm, by Chairman, Russell Bailey. Pledge of Allegiance. Present were Russell Bailey, Ken Bodeen, Scott Jardine, Pam Holt, Marge Ogren, Nora Tribys, Brett Bodeen Troy Kavajecz and DuWayne Zupke.
Motion was made to accept the meeting minutes from 9-12-22 by Scott Jardine, second by Ken Bodeen. All in favor. Motion was made by Ken Bodeen to accept the August 2022 Treasurer report, second by Scott Jardine. All in favor.
Fire Department (NO REPORT)/EMT. Ambulance report read. Ken Bodeen attended the South Shore Ambulance budget meeting. There were 73 calls this past year. Need more EMT’s, drivers, etc. Applied for a grant to help purchase a new ambulance.
Citizen’s Input – Planning Committee. Report is posted on town website. They are having an open meeting Oct 19 at 6:30 pm in the town hall.
ON GOING BUSINESS:
- Kinney Valley Project – Construction is complete and under budget.
- ARPA Funds – Braff & Helsing Roads – contractor will begin work before the snow flies.
- Health & Wellness Grant –Resurfacing – postponed until next spring (2023).
- Blacktop projects – we still need to create a priority list of roads that need repair. This will require getting estimates and the possibility of increasing the property tax levy to pay for these projects if we do not get awarded DOT grants.
- Liquor License for Southshore Bar – No new information. Temporary license issued until new owners get Federal Tax ID and Wisconsin State Sales Tax numbers.
- Water Rate increase –Port Wing Sanitary District will be submitting an application to request an increase in rate. Will be applying for loan to repaint the water tower thru the DNR. This loan has the potential to be 100% forgiven.
- Johnson Property on 5th Street – is there water/sewer service available for hook-up
ZONING REQUESTS: Michaelsen – 7300 Quarry Road Driveway Addition approved. Prochaska – 83040 Washington Ave short term rental approved.
OPERATOR’S INPUT: Clean up Recycle scrap. Grader on Battle Axe – hauling wood has wrecked the road. Working on sewer lateral clean out filters. Docks at the harbor will come out soon
Next meeting set for Monday November 7, 2022 at 7pm. Budget Workshop Meeting will be directly after town meeting. Meeting adjourned by Ken Bodeen, a second by Scott Jardine. All in favor.
Respectively Submitted by Pam Lawrenz Holt, Town Clerk