PORT WING TOWN BOARD MEETING MINUTES
December 5, 2022
Click to download PW Town Meeting Minutes 12-5-22
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm, by Chairman, Russell Bailey. Pledge of Allegiance. Present were Russell Bailey, Ken Bodeen, Scott Jardine, Pam Holt, Marge Ogren, Nora Tribys, Brett Bodeen, Troy Kavajecz and DuWayne Zupke.
Motion was made to accept the meeting minutes from 11-7-22 by Ken Bodeen, second by Scott Jardine. All in favor. Motion was made by Ken Bodeen to accept the October 2022 Treasurer report, second by Scott Jardine. All in favor.
2023 Budget – Motion was made to approve the 2023 Budget Report by Scott Jardine, second by Ken Bodeen. All in favor.
Fire Department/EMT. Ambulance report read. Fire Department is in need for a Secretary.
Citizen’s Input – Planning Committee. Ken Zivic – Nothing new to report.
ON GOING BUSINESS:
- Blacktop projects – Highway 13 will be repaved in 2023 per Bob Anderson Bayfield County We need to create a priority list of roads in the town that need repair. Data to be gathered from WISLR.
- Abandonment request for town road off School Road – Motion made to deny request to abandon Robert Avenue by Scott Jardine, second by Ken Bodeen. All in favor.
- Sewer hook-ups – there were special assessments for installation of sewer when project was first installed by the town. Research to find out how much/how these assessments were determined. Will need to address the new sewer installed off Helsing and future project down 5th
- Snow Plowing – need to contact a resident to clean up brush the entire length of the driveway. Pam will send out letter.
- Bayfield County Resolution recognizing all those that work the elections.
- Received Certified Survey Map for Wheeler Drive – this can now be officially added to the town’s roads.
- Reviewed insurance renewal – premium increased approximately 5%
- Spring election is April 4th – this election will include Town Chairman, 2 Supervisors, Clerk and Treasurer. Caucus will be held at Town Hall on January 9th at 7pm.
- Town Hall Temperature – Alert devise will be installed that can notify cell phones.
ZONING REQUESTS: None
OPERATOR’S INPUT: Completed reverse syphon flush and clean of sewer system. First plow of the season went ok. Pin bent on grader- this has been repaired. Dave Elliot to give quote on spare pump for sewer system. Brett discussed getting fee list from Chicago Iron for metal/recycle products.
Next meeting set for Monday January 9, 2023 after the Caucus at 7pm. Meeting adjourned by Ken Bodeen, a second by Scott Jardine. All in favor.
Respectively Submitted by Pam Lawrenz Holt, Town Clerk