PORT WING TOWN BOARD MEETING MINUTES
June 5, 2023
Click to download PW Town Meeting Minutes 6-5-23
Meeting called to order at 7 pm, by Chairman, Scott Jardine. Pledge of Allegiance. Present were Scott Jardine, Ken Bodeen, Carri Hoagland, Pam Holt, Nora Tribys, Brett Bodeen, and Troy Kavajecz. Motion was made to accept the meeting minutes from 5-8-23 by Carri Hoagland, second by Ken Bodeen. All in favor. Motion was made to accept the special meeting minutes from 5-19-23 by Carri Hoagland, second by Ken Bodeen. All in favor. Motion was made by Ken Bodeen, second by Carri Hoagland to accept the May 2023 Treasurer report. All in favor.
Citizen’s Input –
- • Planning Committee. No updates
- • Fire Department/EMT. Ambulance report read. Fire Department reports – none received. South Shore Ambulance is looking for EMT’s. Fire Dept looking for volunteers. Need to find minutes from 1956 regarding the town incorporating the Fire Department into the town.
ON GOING BUSINESS:
- • Solar Project/EV/Microgrid – Bill Bailey is working with the State of WI, Bayfield County. Dept of Transportation, and the Dept of Energy to get grants for Port Wing. Johnson’s Store wants to be the site for the EV Charging Station. The Town will send letter of support addressing the Dept of Energy that Bill will include with the grant request/s.
- • Blacktop projects – Still waiting for results of grant request.
- • 83345 Washington Avenue – possible demo in late June.
- • Health and Rec Grant – received grant for $4,707 to assist in completing the resurface of the court surface.
- • Clean-up Day – huge success. 22 people helped paint and repair benches, paint Heritage Hall, clean headstones at cemetery. Will work with Historical Society for roof at old Jail. Clean up at Twin Falls – the outhouse will need a new roof. An excellent meal was served to all the volunteers.
- • Town Crew position has been filled.
- • Culverts – Bayfield Covers 50% of cost. Town approved purchase of culverts.
- • Town Meeting will now be held at the Fire Hall beginning in July.
- • Discussed pricing of disposal of special items at the dump. Need to update Webpage.
- • Order 3rd refuse dumpster – dumpsters are overflowing.
- • Reviewed Recycling grant awarded.
ZONING REQUESTS: None
OPERATOR’S INPUT: Troy reported we received the two pumps for the sewer plant. Benson Electric needed to fix control problems. The pumps have been full of sand. Will cost $2,000 to clear tank. Need black dirt to fill in after sewer line work by post office/Wigwam. Steve Gustafson needs dirt at cemetery to fill divots. Motion made by Ken Bodeen for Resolution 2023-01 to fix sewer influent second by Carri Hoagland. All in favor.
Next meeting set for Monday July 10, 2023, at 7pm AT FIRE HALL. Meeting adjourned by Carri Hoagland, second by Ken Bodeen. All in favor.
Respectively Submitted by Pam Lawrenz Holt, Town Clerk