Port Wing, Wisconsin - Twin Falls Park
The area below today's Twin Falls was used as a place of shelter by original settler, P. A. Braff in 1890-1891. The land there and across Highway 13 was homesteaded by Braff.
The first school in 1893 was also in this area.
Many residents used the area for picnics and it is believed that in 1943 O. T. Bagstad as Town Chairman, suggested the area be designated as a park. In March, 1945, it was deeded to the Town of Port Wing by Alden, Bertha and Gilbert Braff. In 1965 more land was added to the park.
Today the park features an observation deck overlooking the upper and lower falls and into the cavern below, as well as walking paths, a picnic area and a primitive toilet.